Sunday, May 06, 2007

for what was and shall never be again

The new face of Chloe is more recognizable to me than anything Pheobe Philo ever put out in the past. To me, the Chloe of Phoebe was who I aspired to be. A mature version, a light version of my sense of self.



But now with the Fall 07 line designed by Paulo Melim Andersson, I feel like now I can be Chloe as the girl I was in high school and deep inside me still dictates my wardrobe.


This is a wonderful direction for women out there like me who are not so naturally soft edged. The transition from the perfection of Pheobe to the coolness of Paulo was a pretty rough one and there was little true substance there. It was such an amazing experience to look at these designs and know that wherever Chloe is now headed it is not only in good hands, it is not going to be a pale version of what had come before.